The MetLib Conference is the annual gathering of metropolitan libraries, held by the IFLA Section on Metropolitan Libraries. In 2018 it will take place at the Belgrade City Library, in Belgrade, Serbia, from Sunday, May 13 to Friday, May 18. The host is Belgrade City Library (BCL).
We are pleased to invite you to participate and to submit your paper that you would like to present at MetLib 2018 Conference.
The theme of the Conference
The theme of the Conference is Public libraries and community building.
The MetLib 2018 Belgrade program will examine different relationships between communities and public libraries, as well as how strong public libraries can empower local communities by exploring the suggested sub-themes:
- Public libraries as places for community engagement;
- Libraries as resources for revitalizing the community;
- Libraries as partners in development and sustainability;
- Libraries’ collections as a reflection of community’s needs;
- Libraries promoting civil society values and fostering civic engagement;
- How libraries encourage social inclusion and equity;
- Libraries as business resources;
- Libraries as learning and support center for immigrants and refugees;
- Libraries as information, resource and support centers for patrons with disabilities;
- Libraries as centers for the arts and culture;
- Libraries as partners in child development;
- Libraries supporting education for all generations;
- The maker movement and public libraries;
- Public libraries using innovative approaches in addressing the community’s needs.
We encourage new ideas from our colleagues to contribute to this important topic and expand our capabilities in future for the benefit of our local communities.
Working language: English
Presentation duration: 15-20 minutes
Please do not hesitate to contribute!
Email address and submission deadline for proposals
Please submit your proposal for the Conference no later than February 20, 2018 to the following email address email@example.com. The subject line should be formatted in the following format: MetLib2018_Name_Surname_Country. Once we receive your email you will get our confirmation. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you don’t receive our reply within 5 working days.
The information on your application will be sent to you by March 1, 2018.
Permission to share materials
Participants whose proposals are selected must give permission for their work to be shared online or through other channels.
For more information, please write to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.